Green Business Recognition
The Central PA Chamber of Commerce’s Green Business Recognition Program has been created to showcase the environmental efforts of our businesses and individuals. Through the implementation of this program, we hope to encourage green business practices throughout our rural region.
Green Business is good business! In addition to helping the environment, it can save your business money and your customers and employees will value your efforts. We look forward to your participation in the Central PA Chamber Green Business Recognition program.
To be considered for recognition, you must be:
- a member of the Central PA Chamber
- doing business in our rural region, and
- demonstrate green business practices in each of several major areas.
Your business may also be recognized for a specific project or initiative that can be used as a model for other organizations.
As a participating business, you can receive recognition in several ways, including:
- An article about the program in the Chamber’s monthly newsletter, The Chamber Report (published by the Standard Journal and distributed to more than 10,000 readers)
- On the Central PA Chamber’s website
- At an annual green-focused Breakfast Briefing
- With a “Central PA Chamber Green Business” window cling for your business
To participate in the program:
- You must commit to several basic green business practices, the minimum requirements for all participants.
- Your business must demonstrate at least one green business practice in each of the following categories: Solid Waste Prevention, Recycling, Purchasing, Energy & Water Conservation
Involving employees, customers, and/or suppliers in greening your business
- Your company must earn a total of at least 20 points.
Complete and submit the Green_Business_Application. Email is the preferred method for submission because it saves paper! (And will gain you one extra point).
Call 570.742.7341 or 570.768.4900 with questions.